Sunday, April 18, 2010

Wine for breakfast

This weekend Lance and I joined my dad and stepmom for a weekend getaway in Ellijay, Georgia (North Georgia mountains).  We both took off work Friday so that we could enjoy the long weekend.

For those of you who do not know, I am a BBQ fan.  I'm obsessed, I realize.  But I just love, love, l-o-v-e BBQ.  We've even thought about becoming officially certified to be judges at BBQ festivals...this is next on our "to do before we die" list.  On our way up Friday, we stopped and joined Daddy & Mrs. Beth at Poole's BBQ.   This place is sooooooooo good!  The pig "cemetery" on the hill in the back is a little creepy, but all in good fun.



Friday afternoon we drove up to Dahlonega and ended up at a wine tasting at a boutique store on the square.  I fell in love with something else on this trip...Southern Blush wine made by the folks at The Georgia Winery in Ringgold, GA.  The Concord was also a very good one :-)  Good enough to have for breakfast Saturday morning

The remainder of the trip was spent relaxing and enjoying the company with one another.  I think I even convinced everyone of the enjoyment of playing Mexican Train!

I'm trying to post pictures...hopefully those will be up soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...