Sunday, June 5, 2011

3.1 miles

Yesterday, I participated in my first 5k!!  The Virginia Highland Summerfest 5K was a killer!!
Due to several difficulties, I unfortunately ended up walking for 5 minutes (out of 42 minutes, 52 seconds, not so bad right?) but I completed the race and that is all that counts!!

With the the help of my friends, Kathryn & Bryant, I am now proud to officially say I'm a runner!!  I see many more 5Ks and maybe even bigger races ahead.  

Here are a few pictures for your viewing pleasure...



Pre-race, very excited and not as sweaty


Lance captured my time as I was running through the finish line


Kathryn finished within 35 minutes, but she came back to support me to the end (thanks again, Kathryn...you were my saving grace!)


Needless to say, I was tired!


Running buddies!!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...