Sunday, October 16, 2011

Pumcakes

I don't cook that often, so when I do, and it turns out well, I want to brag!!  I knew that I wanted to cook something with pumpkin in it this weekend, but I wasn't quite sure what.  I remembered that I had a recipe for Pumpkin Bars from our Recipe Shower so I decided to go to the store and grab a few ingredients.  Once inside Walmart, I saw the cutest little bundt cake pan so I decided to make a bit of a change in my recipe.  The outcome...Pumcakes!!


Lance and I came up with the name :-)  Fitting for such cute little creations.  They were a hit at our dinner party, plus Lance loved them and he doesn't even like pumpkin.

Here's the recipe!

Pumcakes

4 eggs
1 1/3 cups sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
1 15 oz can pumpkin
2 cups all purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp salt
1 tsp. baking soda

Beat eggs, sugar, oil and pumpkin until light and fluffy.  Blend dry ingredients, mix well and pour into bundt pan.  Fill each mold 3/4 full.  Bake for 15-20 minutes at 350 degrees.  
Makes approximately 2 pans.

Cream Cheese Frosting

1 8oz package cream cheese (softened)
1 stick margarine or butter (softened)
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups confectioners sugar
**Yellow and red food coloring to make festive!
If just doing dollops of frosting as I did, cut the recipe in half.

Sprinkle with love and chopped walnuts.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...