Tuesday, May 15, 2012

One More Mile

I did it!  I completed my second 5K. I didn't do much better on my time, but I finished and that is all that matters.  This 5K was very different from the last one and from my normal training path.  This was a trail, with hills that reminded me much more of mountains.  I ran the first bit of it without stopping (I think almost 2K) and then I stopped to catch my breath, and it was hard to get started back.  I finished the remaining portion by walking but I was able to start back running shortly before the finish line.  We didn't end up taking as many pictures as I would have liked, but really I just want to forget this 5K - it was HARD!

Instead, I want to focus more on my cute shirt that I wore for the race.  My cousin, who ran with me, messaged me a few weeks before the race, and told me about these shirts at One More Mile Running Apparel.  I was a little hesitant at first, because the shirts were a little above my $9.99 price range, but I thought I would splurge since I had been training so hard.  A few days after I placed the order, this lovely package was at my door.  The shirt was wrapped up so cute with ribbon, addressed to "To the Wonderful:  Callie" and there was even a magnet!  I just love free stuff, no matter what it is. You should check out their site - so many cute options for running apparel and excellent customer service!  I look forward to buying more from them.



On the day of the race, we had so many people smiling at us and asking us about our shirts.  It was so much fun!  Too bad I'm not being compensated for all of this free advertisement that I am doing for them ;-)  Here is a picture of me and Stacey BEFORE the race.  You don't want to see the after shots. 


So, even though this 5K kicked my behind, I am looking forward to the next one!  I'll be back with my running partner Kathryn and it will be at Piedmont Park AT NIGHT!  Now that will make for a great blog post!

Until the next time,
Callie

2 comments:

  1. I love that shirt! I might have to look into that company :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just read some older posts on your blog and just realized that you know Kathryn too. I will be there this Saturday doing the night-time 5k. It is so true about her pushing you. She is great. I did my first 5k with her. I have been able to do 3 more since then and this will be number 5. I am running the Peachtree (God help me) and I know that I have to race to stay motivated. This is just too funny. I know this is a long comment, but I had to say something.

    I will get to meet you on Saturday! YAH!

    PS...those shirts are really cute.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...